SEVEN DAY IMMERSION TOUR IN NOUMEA - NEW CALEDONIA
Come along to our French Immersion Tour in Noumea, in the beautiful island of New Caledonia
You will be fully immersed in French language, and New Caledonia's history and culture as you discover this stunning part of France - because yes ! New Caledonia is indeed part of France and everybody speaks French! With a three hour-flight only from Melbourne, Noumea offers a relaxed setting, perfect for a French Immersion.
Saturday 8th June to Saturday 15th June, 2019
The tour includes:
- 15 hours of French class at CREIPAC (an excellent language school in Noumea) including shopping missions, bounia dish preparation and lots of other language activities such as general discussion, games, cultural insights, small group workshops and much more
- 1h conversation with the French Journey tour teachers at the end of each day at the hotel lounge
- Discovery of the city of Noumea, the old Quartier Latin, the lively market, the Ilot Canard and its aquatic trail, the remarkable Tjibaou Cultural Centre
- Special day excursion to the Phare Amedee including entrance to the Phare, cultural presentations, trip on a glass-bottom boat and lunch buffet with the tasting of local specialities
- Discovery and Tasting of authentic local culinary delights, including bounia, oysters and crabs, seafood vol au vent, venison, bami, tahitian salad, and cava of course!
- Seven nights accommodation in a single, double or shared room at the luxurious Hotel Meridien, ideally located in the Anse Vata
- 7 Breakfasts, 5 lunches, 7 aperitifs and 2 dinners as itemised in the itinerary
- Fully escorted by your professional French tutors from A French Journey - Nathalie Foos and Clemence Poly
And lots more.....
At the end of the tour you will be able to:
- Express yourself more naturally in French
- Improve your understanding of the French language
- Adapt your language skills to a wider range of everyday situations
- Discover the New Caledonia’s amazing history and savour regional culinary delights
- Share your passion of the French language and culture with other equally passionate students
- Feel more French!
- Our tour is suited for students of higher beginner to intermediate/advanced levels.
We do not accept absolute beginners. All students must have done at least 20 hours of French. The students will be placed in groups according to their levels, and the two French Journey teachers will adapt their teaching to the student needs
- Because we are immersing ourselves in an array of authentic local produce and dishes, our tour is not advisable for travellers with special dietary needs, such as celiac, vegetarians, vegans, or travellers with serious fish or seafood allergies etc.